Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 31

I've been working on my sugar cookie decorating skills. There's this technique called "flooding" that I love. They look so cute and professional. It was actually a lot easier than I though it would be but it is a bit time consuming. This isn't your run of the mill "slap some icing on a cookie" type thing. It is a tad more complicated than that. Fun and cute. Oh and here's the sugar cookie recipe that I love. I have decided this is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever found.

Sugar Cookies:

3 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup (white) Sugar
2 Sticks butter, cold (not room temp!!)
1 Egg
3/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Almond Extract (or other flavored extract)
(I omitted the Almond Extract and used Zest from one Lemon to add a little citrusy zing to it )

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine Flour and Baking Powder in a small bowl
3. Ina large Mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy
4. Add the Egg and extracts (or zest), beat until combined
5. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom atleast once
6. Dough will be crumbly so knead it together with your hands for about 1 minute. Turn onto a floured surface and knead again for 1 minute
7. Roll out on a floured surface and cut into shapes. I usually roll then to approx 1/8-1/4in thickness
8. Freeze cut out shapes for 5-10 minutes (helps them keep their perfect freshly cut shape and not get puffy)
9. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let sit for approx 2 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to cooling rack. I remove mine from the oven before I see any golden brown along the edges. Approx 10min 30sec. I don't like crunchy sugar cookies

No comments: